San Blas Daytrip
Your hotel in Panama City
Your hotel in Panama City
If requested, we can arrange a driver that picks you up at your hotel in Panama City around 5:30 am. (Remember, there is no public transport to San Blas). On the way to the Comarca of Kuna Yala (San Blas), you can make a quick stop (15min) at a supermarket to get cash or buy snacks and water.
Leave the bustling city behind you and enjoy the breath-taking view along the only road connecting San Blas with Panama City. Discover how the jungle is waking up as you follow the curvy road deeper into the mountains. With a bit of luck you can even spot toucans or other animals. Enter the Comarca of Kuna Yala at the entrance Nusugandi (be prepared to show your passport) and pay the entrance fee.
Expect to arrive at the dock of Carti (San Blas) at around 8.30-9 am. Our boat already awaits you to bring you to our San Blas island. In case you arrange your own transport, please make sure to arrive at this time.
In a short boat ride we will bring you to the first island. Enjoy the approx. 30 min ride along the coast with our experienced and certified captains, passing first islands and Kuna villages. Enjoy the rest of the morning and engage in amazing activities such as snorkeling, lazing in a hammock, exploring the island.
We will leave in our boat to visit other islands, where you can go snorkeling, swimming, see sea stars, buy molas (local handcrafts) or have a cool drink in the shadow of a few coconut trees. If you are interested, we can also take a tour to visit a Kuna village, where you get to learn first-hand about our traditional lifestyle.
We will return to the island in our boat in the late afternoon. Alternatively, you can decide to stay on our beautiful island and enjoy the pristine beaches and colorful coral-reefs.
For lunch, enjoy a delicious, local meal of fresh seafood or other local specialties prepared by our Kuna chefs (seafood availability depending on fishing times and weather conditions). Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations and we will do our best to accommodate you.
At around 3 pm it is time to say goodbye. We will leave the island in the boat and head to the dock of Carti, from where the drive back to Panama City starts.
Cross once again the mountains and have a last view from atop on the coastline and the islands of San Blas before heading to the suburbs of Panama City .
If you arranged transport via us, the drivers will drop you off at your hotel/hostel in Panama City. Expect to arrive there at around 7 pm, depending on traffic.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||70.00 (USD)|
Pick up if requested
Drop off at Panama City if requested
- Entrance formalities.
- Visits to different islands.
- Snorkel equipment.
- Tour guide (Kuna-, Spanish-, English-speaking).
- Car ride from Panama City & back (can be added for 50 USD).
- San Blas entrance and port fee (22 USD foreigners, 7 USD Panamanians/residents).
- Snacks, Water, Drinks.
- Make sure to pack the following items: passport, cash, sun protection, towels, swimming gear, snorkeling equipment, plenty of water.
- In San Blas you can only pay in cash, payments by card are not accepted – Please make sure to bring sufficient cash with you as there are no ATMs.
- Please bring only little luggage as the car and the boats don’t have much space – Often, you can arrange with your hotel/hostel to store your main luggage there.
- Your driver can make a stop at a supermarket on the way to San Blas in case you wish to bring snacks or water – However, we kindly ask you to keep the environmental impact in mind as there are only limited possibilities for recycling on the islands.
- Soda, water and snacks are available for purchase on the islands.
- Please note that there is no WiFi on our islands and only limited cell phone coverage in the Comarca of San Blas.
- Time on an islands also means time in the sun. Remember to pack sun protection, such as sun screen and a hat, and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.