Isla Diablo 1 Night 2 Day Tour from Port Carti
1 Night / 2 Days
Spanish (Fluent) / English (Basic)
To start this Isla Diablo 1 Night 2 Day tour, you must go on your own to Port Carti since transportation from Panama City is not included. If you need transportation from Panama City, check out other tours in Tiqy that include transportation.
It is necessary that the car in which you are heading to the port is 4x4 or 4x2, otherwise, the police presence that is before entering the reserve of San Blas, will not allow you to go through for security reasons. The road is not dangerous, however, there are hills that smaller cars could not climb easily.
Once you arrive at Port Carti, you will have to pay for the parking, since it is not included, but the port fees are included in the price.
You must be at the port at 8:30 am and to board a boat to go to Diablo Island. You will arrive at Diablo Island at 9:30 am and you will be given time to complete the registration and put your things in your cabin.
- The private cabins are wooden structures with wooden floors and consist of one double and one single bed. If you reserve for 1, 2 or 3 people you will receive 1 cabin. If you reserve for 4 or 5 people, you will receive 2 cabins.
- The shared cabins are larger wooden structures with wooden floors, that consist of either 10 or 15 single beds. There are no double beds in the shared cabins.
- The cabins have a main light, but only until a certain hour at night. The time that the light switches off changes depending on the number of people on the island, maybe 8 or 9pm. So, it is recommended that you bring a flashlight or have your phone fully charged. There are no electric sockets in the cabins, so you must charge your devices in the restaurant if you need to.
- In the middle of the Island, there is a shared wash house, that has private bathrooms and private showers. The water is not heated. There is toilet paper in the toilets but recommended to bring your own soaps, shampoos, toilet paper just in case.
After you get settled into your accommodation, you can spend the morning on Isla Diablo, or you can cross over to Perro Grande Island to spend the morning on the beach, just let the operator know which you would like to do.
You will have lunch on Diablo Island around 12:30pm. After lunch, the operator will be bringing people to the Natural Swimming Pool and sometimes to Fragata Island too. You can join this trip if you want (but it does have a charge of 3 USD extra per person to go on this afternoon trip). It is okay if you do not join the trip, because you will be doing it on the last day anyway, and this one is included in the tour price. If you do not join the trip, you can spend the afternoon on the beach on Diablo Island, and then have dinner around 5:30pm. At night-time, it is relaxing and suggested that you get an early night's sleep to get up early in the morning to enjoy more time on the beach. But you are welcome to have some beers and listen to music and enjoy yourselves too.
It starts with breakfast between 7:00am and 8:30am. After breakfast, you will be asked to check out of your cabin. You will then be taken to Perro Grande Island to spend the morning at the beach and have lunch around midday. After this, you will be taken to the Natural Swimming Pool where you can see the starfish (please do not take them out of the water) and go snorkeling. There is free snorkeling gear provided. After this, you will be brought back to the port, but sometimes if there is enough time your guide will take you to one more Island to relax for 1 hour before going back to the port.
You will arrive at the port around 4:00 pm on the last day so you can board your vehicle.
Pricing for Children:
- 10 Years Old and Over – Pays full price and pay entrance to the reserve.
- 9 Years Old and Under – Pays full price for the tour but does not need to pay the entrance to the reserve.
- 4 Years Old and Under – The tour is free, but it does not include drinks and food, this can be paid for additionally. The entrance to the reserve is also free.
* Regular option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
Breakfast: Hojaldra or tortilla with scrambled or fried eggs (may vary).
Lunch and dinner: Catch of the day or chicken with fried plantains, french fries or rice with coconut and salad.
It is possible to eat lobster for an additional price from 12.00 USD.
(Lobsters are in closed season from March 1 to June 30 of each year, so its consumption is prohibited in these months).
* Vegetarian option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
Breakfast: Fruits, hojaldra or tortilla.
Lunch and dinner: Salad with fried plantains or rice with coconut.
Cell phone service:
There is cell phone service on the island with Digicel and +Móvil. You can buy these chips at the malls in Panama City or at the airport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|ADULT PRIVATE CABIN (P/P)||148.75 (USD)|
|CHILD PRIVATE CABIN (P/P) (AGE 5+)||148.75 (USD)|
|ADULT SHARED CABIN (P/P)||125.00 (USD)|
|CHILD SHARED CABIN (P/P) (AGE 5+)||125.00 (USD)|
|CHILD (P/P) (AGE 0-4)||0.00 (USD)|
Day 1: 8:30 – 9:00
Board your boat to go to Diablo Island.
Day 1: 9:00 – 9:30
Day 1: 9:30 – 12:30
Transfer by boat to Perro Grande Island to enjoy the beach.
Day 1: 12:30 – 12:45
Return by boat to Diablo Island.
Day 1: 12:45 – 13:45
Lunch on Diablo Island.
Day 1: 13:45 – 17:30
Enjoy the beach (optional trip to Natural Swimming Pool for 3 USD extra).
Day 1: 17:30 – 18:30
Dinner to Diablo Island.
Day 1: 18:30 +
Spend the night on Diablo Island.
Day 2: 7:00 – 8:00
Breakfast on Diablo Island.
Day 2: 8:00 – 9:30
Checkout of Accommodation.
Day 2: 9:30 – 9:45
Transfer to Perro Grande Island.
Day 2: 9:45 – 12:45
Enjoy the beach on Perro Grande.
Day 2: 12:45 – 13:45
Lunch on Perro Grande Island.
Day 2: 13:45 – 15:30
Trip to Natural Swimming Pool and if there is time 1 other island.
Day 2: 15:30 – 16:00
Return to the Port Carti.
- One Night stay on Isla Diablo
- Boat transfers from the port and between the islands.
- Island port taxes.
- Visit 2 other islands and the natural swimming pool (can be done too on the first day for an additional 3 USD per person).
- Free Snorkel equipment (limited numbers).
- Lunch & Dinner on the first day (each with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast & Lunch on the second day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch with soda, beer or water).
- Guide with fluent Spanish and Basic English.
- It does not include the entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreign tourists: 20.00 USD per person.
- Additional Beers or alcoholic drinks.
- Purchases of additional drinks and food.
- If you want to go on the trip to the other islands and the natural swimming pool the first day, this has a cost of 3 USD additional and availability depends on the day.
- Car parking fees (Normally cost less than 5 USD).
- Transfers from/to Panama City.
- Hat / Cap (to protect yourself from the sun).
- Mosquito spray for the 2 days and night
- Extra set of clothing for the night-time (so you are not sleeping in wet clothes, and maybe a jumper so you are not cold at night).
- Extra set of clothing for the trip home in the 4x4 (so you are not wearing wet clothes with the air-conditioning).
- Snacks & Fruit.
- Beach towel.
- Soaps, shower gel, and toilet paper.
- Fully charged camera.
- Pills for Motion Sickness if you feel necessary.
- You can bring a cooler with drinks and food, but please make sure to bring your trash back to Panama City with you.
- There is no ATM in San Blas, so be sure to bring enough cash.
- * It is important to carry your passport or Panama National ID because before arriving at the port there is a police presence and they will ask you to show your passport (if you are a foreigner), or your ID (if you are a national or resident in Panama).
- Cancel before 48 hours of the tour for a full refund. No refunds available after this point.