One Night With The Kunas from Panama City
2 Days / 1 Night
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
English and Spanish
Related places and things to do
This tour starts when the tour guide picks you up at your hotel or residence in Panama City at 5:30AM from Panama City. Depending on the number of guests that need to be collected, the pickup time can sometimes vary, so please be patient and be at the lobby of your building or hotel between 5.15 and 5.45.
From there the tour guide will bring you to the port of San Blas. On the way you will have a chance to stop, use the restrooms, buy something small to eat.
Once you arrive you will board the boat at 8:30AM. The boat will bring you to the Island where you will be staying that night. On the first day you will be brought to two other islands to explore and relax and enjoy the crystal-clear sea. You will also be brought to the amazing Natural Swimming Pool. The first day you will also receive lunch.
The name of the Island/Community where your accommodation will be is called “Carti Mula”. The Islands that you will visit on your Day Tour are called “Isla perro chico”, “Corredor marino” and “The Natural Swimming Pool”. The Islands can sometimes change depending on requests from the group, or special events on the Islands.
After your day Tour on the first day you will return to the first island about 5.30pm. You will return to the first island about 5.30pm. You will have dinner and spend time with a Kuna family that night. If the group is small you will stay in the house of a Kuna Family, normally in Hammocks. You have access to a shared bathroom and shower. If the group is large you might be in different accommodation in the Kuna Community. Either way you will spend time and have dinner with the kunas. You do not need to bring anything for the night time, it will all be provided for you. This is an amazing natural and cultural experience.
Sometimes the leaders will be on the island, and you will get to see how they interact with the Kunas. Please note that it is not possible to confirm details of the accommodation and who will be on the island at the time, as you are going to an active community where things are changing every day.
On the second day you will receive breakfast, followed by a community tour. Lunch on the second day is not included in the cost and needs to be paid for (price ranges from 8 to 15 USD including a drink). If you did not do the tour of the first two islands and the natural swimming pool on the first day, you can do it on the second day in the afternoon.
At the end of the second day you will be brought back to the port at 4.30pm and should arrive back in Panama by 7.30pm.
This tour requires a minimum of 2 people. You maybe the only two people who do the tour, or you maybe put with other groups too.
Pricing Information for Children:
- 10 Years Old and Over – Pays full price for the tour, and also pays full price for the entrance to San Blas
- 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Years Old – Pays full price for the tour, but does not pay for the entrance to San Blas
- 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 Years Old – Does not pay for the tour, and does not pay for the entrance to San Blas. Food and drink has to be paid for additionally. If the child does not go on the parents lap during the transport, then they will have to pay 50 (USD) for the space in the transport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General P/P||165.00 (USD)|
- Roundtrip from Panama City.
- Boat transfers from the port and between the islands.
- A nights accommodation with the Kunas.
- A visit to two more islands (Isla Perro Chico, Corredor Marino) and the natural swimming pool.
- Tickets to enter each island.
- 2 meals – lunch and dinner on the 1st day, and breakfast on the 2nd day.
- Tour guide bilingual.
- It does not include the entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreign tourist: 20.00 USD per person.
- Port Tax: 2.00 USD per person.
- Beers or alcoholic drinks.
- Snorkel gear (you can rent for 5 (USD) for 4 hours of use depending on availability).
- Lunch on the second day.
- Hat / Cap (to protect yourself from the sun).
- Extra set of clothing for the trip back to the city.
- Cash to purchase drinks and extra food and lunch on the second day.
- Snacks, water.
- Bring a small flash light / torch for the night time, or keep your phone charged.
- You can bring a cooler with drinks and food, but please make sure to bring your trash back to Panama City with you.
- Pills for Motion Sickness if you feel necessary.
- It is important to carry your passport, because before arriving at the port you will be asked to show. your passport (if you are a foreigner), or your ID (if you are a national or resident in Panama). It must be the original document.
- Bring Snorkel gear, if you do not want to rent on the Island.
- Cancel before 48 hours of the tour for a full refund. No refunds available after this point.