Isla Perro Chico 2 Night 3 Day Tour from Port Carti
2 Night / 3 Days
Spanish (Fluent) / English (Basic)
This is an Isla Perro Chico 2 Night 3 Day. To start this tour, you must go on your own to Port Carti, there you will meet your guide to board the boat to Perro Chico Island.
It is necessary that the car in which you are heading to the port is 4x4 or 4x2, otherwise, the police presence that is before entering the reserve of San Blas, will not allow you to go through for security reasons. The road is not dangerous, however, there are hills that smaller cars could not climb easily. Once you arrive at Port Carti, you will have to pay for the parking, since it is not included, but the port fees are included in the price.
You must be at the port at 8:30am morning to meet your guide and board your boat to the Islands. The exact route and order of the Islands changes daily based on the quantity of people on the Islands, and sometimes there are requests by groups to spend more time in certain places, and the operator tries to accommodate this when possible. If you have a special request, please let the operator know on the day of the tour or let Tiqy know after booking. You will arrive to Perro Chico Island at 9.30am and be given time to complete check-in and put your things in your cabin.
- The private cabins are wooden structures with cement floors and consist of a double and a single bed. If you book for 1, 2 or 3 people, you will receive 1 cabin. And if you book for 4 or 5 people, you will receive 2 cabins.
- The cabins have a main light, but only until a certain hour at night. The time that the light switches off changes depending on the amount of people on the island, maybe 8:00pm or 9:00pm. So, it is recommended that you bring a flashlight or have your phone fully charged. There are no electric sockets in the cabins, so you must charge your devices in the restaurant if you need to.
- In the middle of the Island there is a shared wash house, that has private bathrooms and private showers. The water is not heated. There is toilet paper in the toilets but recommended to bring your own soaps, shampoos, and bring toilet paper just in case.
- There is one cabin on the Island that has it’s own private bathroom.
- Some of the private cabins have use the shared wash house.
- After you get settled into your accommodation, you can spend the morning on Perro Chico Island.
- You will have lunch on Perro Chico Island around 12.30pm. After lunch the operator will be bringing people to the Natural Swimming pool and sometimes to Isla Fragata too. You can join this trip if you want (but it does have a charge of 3 USD extra per person to go on this afternoon trip). It is okay if you do not join the trip, because you will be doing it on the last day anyway, and this one is included in the price. If you do not join the trip, you can spend the afternoon on the beach on Perro Chico Island, and then have dinner around 5.30pm. At night-time it is relaxing and suggested that you get an early night sleep to get up early in the morning to enjoy more time on the beach. But you are welcome to have some beers and listen to music and enjoy yourselves too.
- Day 2 starts with breakfast between 7am and 8.30am. After breakfast you will be asked to check out of your cabin. You will have lunch around midday. After this you will be brought to the natural swimming pool where you can hold starfish (please do not take them out of the water) and also go snorkelling. There is free snorkelling gear provided. After this you will be brought back to the port, but sometimes if there is time also brought to one more Island to relax for 1 hour before going back to the port.
Return To Port Carti
- You will arrive back to the port around 4.30pm on the last day.
Pricing For Children:
- 10 Years Old and Over – Pays full price and pay entrance to the reserve
- 9 Years Old and Under – Pays full price for the tour, but does not need to pay the entrance to the reserve
- 4 Years Old and Under – The tour is free but it does not include drinks and food, this can be paid for additionally. The entrance to the reserve is also free. If the child does not go on the parents lap during the transport, then they will have to pay 50 (USD) for the transport.
* Regular option for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
Breakfast: Hojaldra or tortilla with scrambled or fried eggs (may vary).
Lunch and dinner: Fish of the day or chicken with fried plantains, french fries or rice with coconut and salad.
It is possible to eat lobster for an additional price from 12.00 USD.
(Lobsters are in closed season from March 1 to June 30 of each year, so its consumption is prohibited in these months).
* Vegetarian option for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
Breakfast: Fruits, hojaldra or tortilla.
Lunch and dinner: Salad with fried plantains or rice with coconut.
Cell phone Service:
There is cell phone service on the Island with Digicel, and also +Móvil. You can buy these chips at the malls in Panama City or at the airport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|Adult Private Cabin (P/P)||283.75 (USD)|
|Child Private Cabin (P/P) (Age 5 +)||283.75 (USD)|
|Child Private Cabin (P/P) (Age 0 - 4)||0.00 (USD)|
|Adult Share Cabin (P/P)||231.25 (USD)|
|Child Share Cabin (P/P) (Age 5 +)||231.25 (USD)|
|Child Share Cabin (P/P) (Age 0 - 4)||0.00 (USD)|
- Two NightS stay on Perro Chico Island.
- Boat transfers from the port and between the islands.
- Visit 2 other islands and the natural swimming pool (can be done too on the first day for an additional 3 USD per person).
- Free Snorkel equipment (limited numbers)
- Auto insurance for all customers.
- Lunch & Dinner on the first day (each with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast & Lunch on the second day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch with soda, beer or water).
- Guide with fluent Spanish and Basic English.
- Transportation from ant to Panama City.
- It does not include the entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreign tourist: 20.00 USD per person.
- Additional Beers or alcoholic drinks.
- Purchases of additional drinks and food.
- The tour to the natural swimming pool and one more island is included on the second day, but if you want you can also do it a second time on the first day paying an additional cost of 3 USD.
- Hat / Cap (to protect yourself from the sun).
- Mosquito spray for the 2 days and night.
- Extra set of clothing for the night-time (so you are not sleeping in wet clothes, and maybe a jumper so you are not cold at night).
- Extra set of clothing for the trip home in the 4x4 (so you are not wearing wet clothes with the air-conditioning).
- Snacks & Fruit.
- Beach towel.
- Soaps, shower gel and toilet paper.
- Fully charged camera.
- Pills for Motion Sickness if you feel necessary.
- You can bring a cooler with drinks and food, but please make sure to bring your trash back to Panama City with you.
- There is no ATM in San Blas, so be sure to bring enough cash.
- * It is important to carry your passport or Panama National ID, because before arriving at the port there is a police presence and they will ask you to show your passport (if you are a foreigner), or your ID (if you are a national or resident in Panama).
- Cancel more than 72 hours before the tour start time for a full refund. There are no refunds available after this point.
- If you cancel on the morning of the tour, there is an additional 25 USD due to the driver for each person, to cover the cost of the seat reserved for you in the vehicle. The deposit you paid on our website, cannot be used for this payment. If for some reason you can’t pay the driver at the pickup time, he will return later the same day to collect payment.
- After starting the tour, there will be no refunds available.