Seal and Penguin Island Tour
This full day tour on the island of seals and penguins leaves our offices at 7:30 AM by bus to Shoalwater Bay. Where you will start your adventure with a kayak pedal for 10 minutes through the crystal clear waters of Seal Island. There you will find the Australian sea lion, it is the rarest sea lion in the world. Larger males usually laze on the beach in the sun, but often the younger males come out to play. They seem to be particularly interested in stand-up paddle boards. Seal Island is also home to a large colony of pelicans.
After leaving the seals, pedal for 10 minutes through Penguin Island, home to the largest settlement in Little Penguins in Western Australia. There you will visit the Penguin Experience Island Discovery Center, where you can learn all about the penguins and see them being fed. There is also a beautiful picnic area on the island where you will have your morning tea, as well as boardwalks and trails to explore the island, as well as penguins in the nature.
In addition to sea lions and penguins, birdlife abounds on the islands and dolphins are often seen pedaling between Seal and Penguin Island.
After leaving Penguin Island you will pedal back to the coast, load the kayaks in the trailer and then head to Rockingham Beach where you will have a picnic lunch sampling fresh local produce from the surrounding regions, including Margaret River, Great Southern and The Swan Valley.
After having enjoyed the whole day, we will take our bus to return to the city.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||125.00 (AUD)|
- Morning tea and lunch.
- Entry fees into the Penguin Island Discovery Centre.
- Kayaks and Paddle Boards.
- Life Jackets.
- Towel, shorts or bathers and a change of clothes in case you get wet.
- A hat that won’t blow off your head and sunscreen.
- Water poof camera if you want to take pictures, we have waterproof bags on each kayak.
- Something to wear on your feet for walking on the island.
- A small bottle of water.
Once a booking is made the following cancellation fees will apply:
Half and full day tours
- More than 30 days prior to departure; no fee payable.
- 16 to 29 days prior to departure; 25% of total price.
- 15 to 2 days prior to departure; 50% of total price.
- Within 24 hours of departure; 100% of total price.
If you fail to join a tour or join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no tour refund can be made.