Royal London Bike Tour
Queensway Tube Station
Queensway Tube Station
Once we arrive at 11:00 AM in the meeting point in Queensway tube station, which is on the central line (the red line cutting across the map from east to west). 15 minutes before the start of the tour, one of our guides will be standing by the red phone boxes holding a Fat Tyre sign.
Then, whether talking about The Royalty, palaces, parks and parliament, our knowledgeable tour guides will entertain you with the most poignant, fascinating and often downright absurd London stories, while our comfortable bikes and smooth route make cycling between sites fun and undemanding.
Next, halfway through your bike tour, we'll take a break where you can go your own way for half an hour and regroup at the cornerstone of our culture: A traditional English pub (not included) - the perfect opportunity to chat to the rest of the group or get the latest London tips from your guide.
The tours end at different points, but always in the central area and easy to return, when you finish, the bike tour Fat Tire Tours team will give you the necessary instructions to return to your hotels.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||28.08 (GBP)|
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Stop for lunch at traditional pub (cost not included).
We have a 72 hour cancellation policy for a full refund. If you miss the tour for any reason, we'll gladly reschedule you on another available tour anytime for up to a year. If you can't make it, it is a good idea to email us ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are reservations required?
No, reservations are not required but we highly recommend them during the summer months. Due to increased popularity in recent weeks, we cannot guarantee that guests without a reservation will be accommodated and we strongly advise that guests book in advance if space is available. If your desired tour date is not available in advance, we kindly ask for guests to call ahead to avoid disappointment.
Making a booking in advance is highly recommended if you have children in your group. When making a booking, let us now how many children you have, and their ages, so we can make sure we have the right sized bikes for everyone.
Do tours run all year round?
Yes, from November to March we will run tours on a reduced schedule at 11:00 AM from Thursdays to Mondays, inclusive. Please see the tour page for full details.
Is the tour difficult?
No. Most of the time is spent on bike lanes within the Royal Parks. There is a bit of road riding and a few crossings so a basic level of cycling proficiency is required.
What is your weather policy?
We run tours rain or shine and have plenty of rain ponchos. We find tours in the rain to be a different kind of fun and an even more fun memory! If you have a reservation and the weather is really bad, you are welcome to reschedule the tour for any other day for up to year.
Do we stop for lunch?
Yes. We usually stop near Trafalgar Square where there are plenty of options for lunch including to join your guide at a traditional English pub. Otherwise, we may stop in St James park next to a cafe.
Where does the tour end?
Both tours finish at the same place they start.
Do we go inside the museums and monuments?
No, the bike tours are an overview of the sites and more about getting a feel for the city. However, on private tours you can arrange to take extra time at the sites if you'd like to go inside.
Will we be able to take photos?
Yes. There will be a chance to take many photos at the designated stops.
Can I supply my own bike?
You are welcome to bring your own bicycle and will receive a discount of 10%. Our insurance only covers the theft of our own bicycles, so please do bring your own lock for the lunch stop.
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Absolutely! We have loads of families and we're a great family activity. We offer multiple bike options for children depending on their age, size, and riding ability. Please keep in mind that children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult on the tour.
- For children up to 12 years old or 45kg (100lbs) without good bike handling skills we offer 2-wheeled tandems that allow the passenger to pedal or coast, without having to maintain a high level of balance.
- All riders over 45kg (100lbs) must ride their own bicycle. We have various sized city bikes to accommodate just about every size of rider, from extra small 20 inch wheeled bikes for riders that are 3.3ft (100cm) to extra large for riders up to 6.5ft (198cm). Unfortunately, we do not have adult tricycles, adult tandems, or bikes with training wheels for adults or children that may be less confident in their riding ability.
- There is no additional charge for trailers, tandems or baby seats. Due to limited availability, please book baby seats, trailers, tandems, 20” and 24” wheeled bikes in advance.
Please Note: All extra small 20 inch and small 24 inch bikes are equipped with both hand brakes.
- Our city tours are very casual, with only slight elevation changes on varying surfaces including smooth gravel and pavement. It is necessary, however, that any person participating in our bike tours have at least some bike riding experience, and should be comfortable riding in a group.