Winery Route to Ribera del Duero
Monday to Saturday
La Gloria, Restaurant
Plaza de España de Madrid
The starting point will be at 9:15 AM at the Cafeteria La Gloria, you will find the local guide and your tour partners with them. Then, you will go up in the minivan or minibus and you will go directly to the first winery while the guide discusses data and anecdotes about the wine region of the Ribera del Duero. The approximate duration of the trip to the first winery is about 120 minutes during which you can enjoy the colourful landscape.
You will arrive at a modern winery, of avant-garde architecture, in which nothing is the result of chance, everything in it is designed for what really matters, optimal conditions to create wines of exceptional quality. Wines, which in such a short period of time have already garnered national and international awards.
The guide will inform you about everything you need to know, the tour will be in English and then translated into Spanish. There will be a complete visit to the facilities to understand the process of winemaking in this area of Spain and where you can taste several wines, then we will head to the next winery.
The second winery is in harmonious modernity with the environment, it is open to light and to the vineyards, establishing a link between the exterior and the interior, between the necessary functionality of the spaces, nature and history. Everything speaks of a new concept of wine. You can taste their wines again, admire their vineyards and then you will go to the third stop.
Before reaching the third cellar, it is time to sit down and eat. The meal is not included but there will be free time to eat at your choice in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy Regional Spanish Food, you can eat tapas, a light lunch or a full 3-course menu (approximate price, tapas € 15.00), on demand € 30.00 EUR).
After lunch, you will continue the journey to an underground medieval cellar, with a total length of about 7 km and excavated at a depth of 13 m. It is a network of incredible tunnels that run through the subsoil of the city, originally intended for the conservation of wines made from the Middle Ages. You will learn part of the history of the Ribera del Duero. Once again you will taste their wines enlivened by curious facts.
After the visit to the last winery, the return to Madrid begins, on the way, there will be a brief panoramic stop to Segovia, a city that together with the aqueduct was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985. The Segovia Aqueduct of 818 meters long, it is considered the most important Roman construction in Spain, is one of the most significant monuments and in a better state of preservation than those left by the Romans in Europe.
Once the stop in Segovia, you will return to Madrid, just relax and enjoy the return. The arrival will take place around 8:00 PM. The route of Bodegas de Ribera del Duero ends at the Plaza de España in Madrid, a central point well connected to all of Madrid.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||165.00 (EUR)|
- Visit 3 different wineries.
- Wine tasting in all the wineries (minimum 2 wines in each winery).
- Appetizers in the cellars like cheese or Iberian products.
- Transport from Madrid with air conditioning, in a mono volume or minibus.
- Local guide wine expert and bilingual during the entire tour.
- A scenic visit to Segovia.
- Food is not included in the price of the tour (some wineries serve snacks). There will be free time to eat at your own choice in a traditional restaurant with several options of regional Castilian food from a tapas meal, a light lunch or a full 3-course meal.
- We do not pick up the clients in hotels since due to the traffic of Madrid of the 9:00 AM it would take more than 1 hour in leaving towards the Ribera del Duero going around the streets. We can hire a private transport or recommend options, taxi, etc. If you want more info write an email to email@example.com.
- The minimum number of participants for the tour is 3 people. In the rare event that this happens (only 2 travellers on the tour), you will be offered an alternative, the possibility of making it private (+ €80.00 EUR per person) or the total refund of the amount.
You can always cancel or change the date of an activity. All reservations cancelled 24 hours or more in advance will have a 100% refund. Those made with less than 24 hours or for not showing up for the activity will not be entitled to a refund.
To request a change or cancellation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the reference number of the reservation, the name of the person who made the purchase, the name of the activity, the date and the method of payment.
If it is a gift, the cancellation must be requested by the person who booked the activity. The amount of the activities cancelled with less than 24 hours or for not presenting to them will not be reimbursed.