Bribri Indigenous Reserve
English and Spanish
Our local guide will wait for you at Bambú, in the mini-supermarket “Maruja”. Before starting the boat ride, we will indicate the security measures you have to take into account during the tour. After you have correctly put on your life vest, we will start this adventure on the Yorkín River.
During the boat ride, the guide will tell you about the Yorkín River and the surrounding nature. This river is especially important, because not only it is the natural border between Costa Rica and Panama, but it also is crucial for the transportation of persons, merchandise and food.
During the dry season, some of you will have to get out of the boat and help to push it, so do not be scared if that happens, it is all part of the adventure!
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (2 - 5) p/p||115.00 (USD)|
|General (6 - 15) p/p||105.00 (USD)|
|General (16 or more) p/p||94.00 (USD)|
- 1 snack.
- 2 lunches.
- 1 dinner.
- 1 breakfast.
- Talk about the association.
- Transportation by boat Bambú-Yorkín and back.
- Walk through the community.
- Tour on medicinal plants and fruit trees.
- Tour to the waterfall.
- Presentation on making chocolate.
- Archery and handicraft class (materials are provided).
- Singing and Bribri legends at night.
- Lodging in one of the rooms at Aventuras Naturales Yorkín.
- Anything not mentioned before.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Bathing suit and towel.
- Extra clothing if you wish.
- Cap or hat.
- Drinking bottle.
- Insect repellent.
- Binoculars and a plastic bag to protect your personal belongings from getting wet during the boat ride.
- We recommend arriving at Bambú before 9:00 AM. From here we have to travel by boat and we will take approximately 1.5 hours to reach the Bribri Indigenous Reserve.
- We kindly request to take into account that we are happy to receive groups and clients from Sunday to Friday since we reserve Saturdays for religious activities.
If reserved through a travel agent, a voucher must be presented before boarding.
If reserved directly in our offices please provide an invoice.
Please be on time at your specified pickup hotel.
In order to receive the full refund for your cancellation, you must cancel before 24 hrs before trip departure.
For groups (8+) cancellation must be made 3 days before the trip.
If circumstances beyond our control(bad weather, natural disasters, road closures, etc.) We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations and/or make a partial refund.
Trips go, rain or shine.
No refund for a no-show.