Isla Waily Complete 1 Night 2 Day Tour from Panama City
This 1-night, 2-day tour to Waily Island in San Blas includes a 1-night stay in a private cabin on Waily Island, a visit to 1 or 2 other Islands and a visit to a Natural Pool. It also includes 4 meals with one drink each and roundtrip from your hotel or residence in Panama City. The tour operator picks you up at 5:30 am on day 1 and takes you back around 4:00 pm on day 2. You will be at your hotel or residence approximately at 7:00 pm on day 2.
- Overwater Bungalow on Waily Island
- 4 meals with one drink at each meal
- Visit other Islands and the Natural Pool
1 Night / 2 Days
Your Hotel or Residence in Panama City
Your Hotel or Residence in Panama City
Spanish (Fluent) / English (Basic)
Related places and things to do
To start this complete 1-night, 2-day tour on Waily Island, your driver will pick you up at your hotel or residence in Panama City at 5:30 am on day 1. You will receive more information about your pick-up time once you have booked the tour and the driver's schedules have been organized. The transfer from Panama City to Cartí Port is in a 4X4 vehicle with capacity for 6 passengers plus the driver. All drivers and vehicles are authorized by the tourism board and have the necessary insurance. Once your driver picks you up, you will be taken to Cartí Port. On the way to the port, your driver will stop at a supermarket. Most people take advantage of this stop to use the bathroom and buy breakfast, snacks, and drinks.
You will arrive at Cartí Port at 8:30 am and there you will board the boat that will take you to Waily Island. You will arrive at Waily Island approximately at 9:00 am and upon arrival, you will be given time to complete your registration and accommodate your things in your cabin.
After completing your registration and accommodation, get prepared to relax and enjoy your island for the rest of the day. Around 12:00 pm you will have your lunch and at 6:00 pm your dinner (both meals on Waily Island included in the tour price). At night it is relaxing, and it is suggested that you sleep early to get up early the next day and enjoy more time on your Island, but you are welcome in the restaurant to have a few beers and listen to music if you want.
- Visit other islands on day 1
Visits to other islands that are included in the tour price take place on day 2. If you want to visit other islands also on day 1, you can coordinate this with your guide on the day of the tour and it would have an additional cost of 7 USD per person. You would visit the other Islands starting at 9:30 am, after completing your registration and accommodation in your cabin.
You would be back on Waily Island approximately at 3:30 pm and at that time, you would have your lunch. If you prefer to have lunch earlier (at 12:00 or 1:00 pm), you can have it on the Island you are going to visit, but the cost of lunch would be at your own expense.
Day 2 begins with breakfast between 7:00 am and 8:30 am. After breakfast you will be asked to get your things ready for the check-out. Then, around 9:30 am, your guide will take you to Isla Perro Grande to spend the morning on the beach and have lunch. Next, you will visit the famous natural pool where you can snorkel, and maybe you can see some starfish (please do not touch them or take them out of the water). Snorkelling equipment is subject to availability, so we recommend you bring your own equipment.
After you visit the natural pool, you will be taken to the port. If there is time, you will be taken to visit one more island.
Return to Panama
After you visit other islands, you will be taken to Cartí Port. You will arrive at the port around 4:00 pm on day 2 and your driver will be there waiting for you to take you back to Panama City. You will arrive at your hotel or residence in Panama City around 7:00 pm.
Generally, visits to other islands can be in one of the following ways:
- Isla Perro Grande + Isla Fragata + Natural Pool
- Isla Perro Chico + Natural Pool
Please keep in mind that the islands you visit may vary depending on the transit of people on the islands to ensure that all visitors, including you, enjoy their time in San Blas Islands. If there is any change in the Islands you are going to visit, your guide will notify you.
Accommodation - Private Cabins
They are wooden structures over the water with a capacity from 1 to 4 people. Depending on the number of people, it can have a double bed and a single bed or two double beds. They have a main light, but only until a certain time of the night. The time the light switches off changes depending on the amount of people on the island, maybe at 8:00 pm or 9:00 p.m. Therefore, it is recommended that you bring a flashlight or that your phone is fully charged. There are no electrical outlets in the cabins, so you can charge your devices in the restaurant if you need it.
There is a shared bathroom house on the Island, which has toilets and private showers. The water does not heat up. There is toilet paper in the bathrooms, but it is recommended to bring your own soap, shampoo, and toilet paper, just in case.
Pricing for Children:
- 10 Years Old and Over – Pays full price and pay entrance to the reserve.
- 9 Years Old and Under – Pays full price for the tour but does not need to pay the entrance to the reserve.
- 4 Years Old and Under – The tour is free, but it does not include drinks and food, this can be paid for additionally. The entrance to the reserve is also free.
* Regular option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
Breakfast: Hojaldra or tortilla with scrambled or fried eggs (may vary).
Lunch and dinner: Catch of the day or chicken with fried plantains, french fries, or rice with coconut and salad.
It is possible to eat lobster for an additional price from 12.00 USD.
(Lobsters are in closed season from March 1 to June 30 of each year, so its consumption is prohibited in these months).
* Vegetarian option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
Breakfast: Fruits, hojaldra, or tortilla.
Lunch and dinner: Salad with fried plantains or rice with coconut.
*Transportation from Playa Bonita:
We can coordinate your transportation from Playa Bonita (round-trip) for an additional cost of 10 USD per person that you pay in cash directly to your driver. You get picked up from your hotel or residence in Playa Bonita between 4:30 am and 4:50 am.
Cell phone service:
There is cell phone service on the island with Digicel and +Móvil. You can buy these chips at the malls in Panama City or at the airport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||205.00 (USD)|
|Child (Age 0 - 4) (P/P)||0.00 (USD)|
Day 1: 5:15 – 5:45
Pickup at your hotel / residence in Panama City (time can vary and you will be notified by email of any time changes)
Day 1: 5:45 – 8:30
Car transfer to Cartí Port
Day 1: 8:30 – 9:00
Boat transfer to Isla Waily
Day 1: 9:00 – 9:30
Arrival at Isla Waily. Check-in
Day 1: 9:30 – 12:00
Enjoy Isla Waily
Day 1: 12:00 – 13:00
Lunch on Isla Waily
Day 1: 13:00 – 18:00
Free time on your Island
Day 1: 18:00 – 19:00
Dinner on Isla Waily
Day 1: 19:00 >
Enjoy the night on Isla Waily
Day 2: 7:00 – 8:30
Breakfast on Isla Waily
Day 2: 8:30 – 9:00
Get ready for the check-out
Day 2: 9:00 – 9:30
Day 2: 9:30 – 10:00
Boat transfer to Isla Perro Grande (Island may vary)
Day 2: 10:00 – 12:45
Visit to Isla Perro Grande
Day 2: 12:45 – 13:45
Lunch on Isla Perro Grande
Day 2: 13:45 – 15:30
Visit to the Natural Pool
Day 2: 15:30 – 16:00
Boat Transfer to Cartí Port
Day 2: 16:00 – 19:00
Car transfer to Panama City
- Roundtrip from your hotel or residence in Panama City.
- 1 Night Stay on Isla Waily.
- Boat transfers from the Port and between Islands.
- Visit from 1 to 2 Islands.
- Visit to the Natural Pool.
- Snorkel Equipment (subject to availability).
- Car Insurance.
- Lunch and Dinner on the first day (on Isla Waily). Each with soda, beer, or water.
- Breakfast and Lunch on the second day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch with soda, beer, or water).
- Local Guide (Fluent Spanish and Basic English).
- Entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreigners: 20.00 USD per person.
- Additional Beers or alcoholic drinks.
- Purchases of additional drinks and food.
- If you want to go on the trip to the other islands and the natural pool the first day, this has a cost of 7 USD additional and availability depends on the day.
- Hat / Cap (to protect yourself from the sun).
- Mosquito spray for the 2 days and night.
- Extra set of clothing for the night-time (so you are not sleeping in wet clothes, and maybe a jumper so you are not cold at night).
- Extra set of clothing for the way back home (so you are not wearing wet clothes with the air-conditioning).
- Snacks & Fruit.
- Beach towel.
- Soaps, shower gel, and toilet paper.
- Fully charged camera.
- Pills for Motion Sickness if you feel necessary.
- You can bring a cooler with drinks and food, but please make sure to bring your trash back to Panama City with you.
- There is no ATM in San Blas, so be sure to bring enough cash.
- * It is important to carry your passport or Panama National ID, because before arriving at the port there is a police presence and they will ask you to show your passport (if you are a foreigner), or your ID (if you are a national or resident in Panama).
- Cancel more than 72 hours before the tour start time for a full refund. There are no refunds available after this point.
- If you cancel on the morning of the tour, there is an additional 25 USD due to the driver for each person, to cover the cost of the seat reserved for you in the vehicle. The deposit you paid on our website, cannot be used for this payment. If for some reason you can’t pay the driver at the pickup time, he will return later the same day to collect payment.
- After starting the tour, there will be no refunds available.