Isla Franklin 2 Night 3 Day Tour from Panama City
2 Nights / 3 Days
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
Spanish (Fluent) / English (Basic)
This Isla Franklin 2 Night 3 Day tour begins when you are picked up at your hotel or residence in Panama City around 5:30 am to take you to Cartí Port. You will be given more information about your exact pick up time after booking the tour, once the driver's schedule has been arranged. The transfer from Panama City to Cartí Port is in a 4X4 vehicle with capacity for 6 passengers plus the driver. All drivers and vehicles are authorized by the tourism board and have the necessary insurances. You will have the opportunity to stop at a supermarket to buy supplies and use a bathroom on the way to the port.
You will arrive at the port at 8:30 am and board a boat that will take you to Franklin Island (Isla Franklin). You will arrive at the island at 9:30 am and you will have time to complete the registration and accommodate your things in your cabin.
After completing your registration and accommodation in your cabin, get ready to enjoy Franklin Island. You can bathe in the beautiful waters or if you wish, you can relax by the seashore.
You will have lunch around 12:30 pm to continue enjoying your stay in Isla Franklin or if you prefer, you can ask the owners of the cabins on the Island to take you to visit other islands. The price of visiting other islands is not included in the price of the tour and will depend on the island you want to visit. Prices are as follows:
- Small Dog Island (Isla Perro Chico) and the Natural Swimming Pool = 20.00 USD per person.
- Star Island (Isla Estrella) with snorkel equipment and the Natural Swimming Pool 2 = 15.00 USD per person.
When evening arrives, around 5:30 pm, you will have dinner. If you go to visit other islands, the owners of the cabins will make sure you return to Franklin Island (Isla Franklin) on time for dinner.
At night it is relaxing and it is suggested that you sleep early so next day you can get up early to enjoy more time on the beach, but you are welcome to have some beers and listen to music if you wish.
Day 2 begins with breakfast, which is usually between 7:00 and 8:00 am. After breakfast you will have time to explore your island or relax in a hammock while reading a book or resting.
Approximately at 12:30 pm you will have lunch. After lunch, it's a good time to bathe on your island’s beach or you can ask the owners of the cabins on the Island to take you to visit another island. The cost of visiting other islands is not included in the tour price. (Prices are the same as above).
You will have dinner at Isla Franklin at 5:30 pm and a couple more hours of sun to appreciate the wonderful natural landscape that characterizes San Blas Islands.
Day 3 includes breakfast and lunch at Franklin Island.
If you want to visit another island this day, you can request this to the owners of the cabins on the Island and it would have an additional cost (same as above). If you go to visit another island, make sure you take your luggage with you. After the visit you will be taken to the port and then, to your hotel/residence in Panama City after having enjoyed your stay in Isla Franklin.
Return to Panama
You will arrive at the port around 4:30 pm on the third day and the tour operator will take you to your hotel or residence in Panama City. You will be arriving at your hotel or residence at 7:00 pm.
- The private cabins are wooden structures with wooden or sand floors and consist of a double and a single bed. If you book for 2 or 3 people, you will receive 1 cabin. If you book for 4 or 5 people, you will receive 2 cabins.
- The cabins have a main light, but only until a certain time of the night. The time the light switches off changes depending on the amount of people on the island, maybe 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. Therefore, it is recommended that you bring a flashlight or that your phone is fully charged. There are no electrical outlets in the cabins, so you can charge your devices in the restaurant if you need it.
- In the middle of the island there is a shared bathroom house, which has toilets and private showers. The water does not heat up. There is toilet paper in the bathrooms, but it is recommended to bring your own soap, shampoo and toilet paper, just in case.
Price information for children:
- 10 Years Old and Over – Pays full price for the tour, and also pays full price for the entrance to San Blas
- 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Years Old – Pays full price for the tour, but does not pay for the entrance to San Blas
- 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 Years Old – Does not pay for the tour and does not pay for the entrance to San Blas. Food and drink have to be paid for additionally. If the child does not go on the parents lap during the transport, then they will have to pay 50 (USD) for the space in the transport.
* Regular option for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
Breakfast: Hojaldra or tortilla with scrambled or fried eggs (may vary).
Lunch and dinner: Fish of the day or chicken with fried plantains, french fries or rice with coconut and salad.
It is possible to eat lobster for an additional price from 12.00 USD.
(Lobsters are in closed season from March 1 to June 30 of each year, so its consumption is prohibited in these months).
* Vegetarian option for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
Breakfast: Fruits, hojaldra or tortilla.
Lunch and dinner: Salad with fried plantains or rice with coconut.
*Transportation from Playa Bonita:
We can coordinate your transportation from Playa Bonita (round-trip) for an additional cost of 10 USD per person that you pay in cash directly to your driver. You get picked up from your hotel or residence in Playa Bonita between 4:30am and 4:50am in the morning.
Cell phone Service:
There is cell phone service on the Island with Digicel, and also +Móvil. You can buy these chips at the malls in Panama City or at the airport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|ADULT PRIVATE CABIN (P/P)
|CHILD PRIVATE CABIN (P/P) (AGE 0 - 4)
|CHILD PRIVATE CABIN (P/P) (AGE 5 +)
- Round trip from Panama City.
- Boat transfers.
- Stay 2 nights at Franklin Island (Isla Franklin).
- Port taxes.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day (each with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the second day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch and dinner with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast and lunch on the third day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch with soda, beer or water).
- Local tourism guide with fluent Spanish and basic English.
- It does not include the entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreigners: 20.00 USD per person.
- Beers or alcoholic drinks.
- Purchases of beverages and additional food.
- Visit to other islands.
- Hat / cap (to protect you from the sun).
- Sun block.
- Snacks & Fruits.
- Bag with zipper (Ziploc) to keep your phone and passport dry.
- Snorkel equipment.
- Pills for seasickness (the sea is not agitated, but some people need it).
- Beach towel.
- Camera fully charged.
- Toilet paper.
- There are no ATMs in San Blas, so make sure to bring enough cash.
* It is important to bring your passport, because before arriving at the port there is a police presence and you will be asked to show your passport (if you are a foreigner) or your identification (if you are a national or resident).
- Cancel more than 72 hours before the tour start time for a full refund. There are no refunds available after this point.
- If you cancel on the morning of the tour, there is an additional 25 USD due to the driver for each person, to cover the cost of the seat reserved for you in the vehicle. The deposit you paid on our website, cannot be used for this payment. If for some reason you can’t pay the driver at the pickup time, he will return later the same day to collect payment.
- After starting the tour, there will be no refunds available.