Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup 1 Night 2 Days
1 Night / 2 Days
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
English / Spanish
This tour starts when you are picked up at your hotel or residence in Panama City around 5:30 am to take you to Cartí Port. You will be given more information about your pick-up time, once you have booked the tour and the driver's schedules have been organized. The transfer from Panama City to Cartí Port, is in a 4X4 vehicle with capacity for 6 passengers plus the driver. All drivers and vehicles are authorized by the tourism board and have the necessary insurance. You will have the opportunity to stop at a supermarket to buy supplies and use a bathroom on the way to the Port.
You will arrive at the Port at 8:30 am to board the boat that will take you to Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup. Your arrival time on the Island is approximately 9:15 am. Upon arrival, you will be given time to complete your registration and accommodate your things in your cabin.
After completing your registration and accommodation in your cabin, get ready to enjoy Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup. You can bathe on the beach, relax by the seashore or if you prefer, you can explore your Island and enjoy its wonderful natural landscape.
Approximately at 12:00 pm you will have your lunch and at 1:00 pm you will be taken to visit Pelicano Island (Isla Pelicano) and then The Natural Pool, which is one of the main attractions of San Blas. The visit to Isla Pelicano and The Natural pool will be until 4:30 pm. These visits are included in the tour price.
After enjoying the visits to other Islands, you will be taken back to Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup. You will arrive at the Island at 5:00 pm and you will have your dinner at 6:00 pm. After dinner, it is suggested to go to rest and relax so next day you can wake up early to continue enjoying your Island, but you are welcome to have a few beers at the bar if you wish.
Day 2 includes breakfast, which is usually between 7:00 and 8:00 am. After having enjoyed your breakfast it is time to organise your things and get ready for your return to Cartí Port. If you wish to extend your stay on Isla Demar Achudup until 2:30 pm, you can request it directly to the owners of the cabins, it would have an additional cost of 10.00 USD per person and includes lunch.
If you extend your stay on the Island and want to explore more of San Blas, you can coordinate with the operator to take you to visit other islands or if you prefer, you can ask the operator to take you with the Guna community to spend time with them and learn about their culture and customs. The price of visiting other islands or the Guna community is not included in the tour price and a minimum of 2 people is required to make these visits. Prices are as follows:
- Star Island (Isla Estrella) = 10.00 USD per person
- Isla Naranjo Chico = 10.00 USD per person
- Cambombia Island = 10.00 USD per person
- Visit to the Guna Community = 10.00 USD per person
* These prices are the same for adults and children.
If you extend your stay and go to visit another island, you must take your luggage with you because at the end of the visit you will be taken to the port, around 2:30 pm.
Return to Panama
If you return your cabin in the morning, you will be taken to The Port at 8:45 am and your driver will be waiting for you to take you back to Panama City. You will arrive Panama City at 12:00 pm and then you will be taken to your hotel.
If you decide to extend your stay on the Island, you will be taken to the port at 2:30 pm and you will arrive Panama City at 6:00 pm approximately.
- Private cabins are structures with thatched roofs and sand floors and consist of a double and a single bed. If you want 3 single beds instead of 1 double bed and 1 single bed, you can request this to the operator once you are on the Island and the change will depend on beds availability.
- Shared cabins are larger wooden structures with thatched roofs and sand floors and consist of 10 or 15 single beds. There are no double beds in the shared cabins.
- The cabins have a main light, but only until a certain time of the night. The time the light switches off changes depending on the amount of people on the island, maybe 11:00 p.m. Therefore, it is recommended that you bring a flashlight or that your phone is fully charged. There are no electrical outlets in the cabins, so you can charge your devices in the restaurant if you need it.
- If you book for 2 or 3 people, you will receive 1 cabin. If you book for 4 or 5 people, you will receive 2 cabins.
- In the middle of the island there is a shared bathroom house, which has toilets and private showers. The water does not heat up. There is toilet paper in the bathrooms, but it is recommended to bring your own soap, shampoo and toilet paper, just in case.
Price information for children:
- 11 Years Old and Over – Pays full price for the tour, and also pays full price for the entrance to San Blas.
- 10 Years Old - Pays the children tour price and the full price for the entrance to San Blas.
- 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Years Old – Pays the children tour price, but does not pay for the entrance to San Blas.
- 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 Years Old – Does not pay for the tour and does not pay for the entrance to San Blas. Food and drinks have to be paid for additionally. If the child does not go on the parents lap during the transport, then they will have to pay 50 (USD) for the space in the transport.
Cell phone Service:
There is cell phone service on the Island with Digicel, and also +Móvil. You can buy these chips at the malls in Panama City or at the airport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|ADULT PRIVATE CABIN (P/P)||193.75 (USD)|
|ADULT SHARE CABIN (P/P)||193.75 (USD)|
|CHILD (P/P) (AGE 5 - 10)||131.25 (USD)|
|CHILD (P/P) (AGE 0 - 4)||0.00 (USD)|
Day 1: 5:15 - 5:45
Pick up at your hotel/residence
Day 1: 5:45 - 8:30
Transfer to Cartí Port
Day 1: 8:30 - 9:15
Boat transfer to Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup and check-in at the Island
Day 1: 9:15 - 12:00
Day 1: 12:00 - 13:00
Day 1: 13:00 - 16:30
Visit to Isla Pelicano and The Natural Pool
Day 1: 16:30 - 17:00
Return to Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup
Day 1: 17:00 - 18:00
Get ready for dinner
Day 1: 18:00 - 19:00
Day 1: 19:00 >
Enjoy the night
Day 2: 7:00 – 8:00
Day 2: 8:00 – 8:45
Day 2: 8:45 – 9:30
Boat transfer to Cartí Port
Day 2: 9:30 – 12:00
Transfer to Panama City
Day 2: 12:00 - 12:30
Arrival at your hotel/residence
- Round trip from Panama City.
- Boat transfers.
- Stay 1 night at Cabañas Demar Achudup Island (Isla Cabañas Demar Achudup).
- Port taxes.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day (each with soda, beer, coconut juice or water).
- Breakfast of the second day (with coffee or tea).
- Visit to Pelicano Island (Isla Pelicano).
- Visit to The Natural Pool.
- Private or shared cabin.
- It does not include the entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreigners: 20.00 USD per person.
- Additional food and drinks.
- Snorkel equipment.
- Additional visits not included in the tour price.
- Hat / cap (to protect you from the sun).
- Sun block.
- Snacks & Fruits.
- Bag with zipper (Ziploc) to keep your phone and passport dry.
- Snorkel equipment.
- Pills for seasickness (the sea is not agitated, but some people need it).
- Beach towel.
- Camera fully charged.
- Toilet paper.
- There are no ATMs in San Blas, so make sure to bring enough cash.
* It is Necessary to bring your original passport, because before arriving at the port there is a police presence and you will be asked to show your passport (if you are a foreigner) or your identification (if you are a national or resident).
- Cancel before 72 hours of the tour for a full refund. No refunds available after this point.
- After starting the tour, there will be no refunds available.