Farmers Market & Food Shop Tour
At this food experience you will walk for 3 hours to see how food shops have maintained the reputation and tradition of Aix en Provence. You will start and end this tour at the Taste of Provence offices located in 58 rue des Cordeliers, 13100 Aix en Provence.
You will delight your taste as you get a fascinating insight of the food preparation in Provence. You will also learn about local history and try pastries, macaron and fruits. One of the stops is the 700 years old daily market square where your guides will tell you how to choose the best ingredients and how to cook with them.
You will also meet local farmers and taste goat cheese, hams, honey, olives and many other local produce. Another stop on this food experience is for an artisan French coffee at a roastery. At the end of the morning you will have a rosé wine tasting and the go back to the Taste of Provence offices.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||65.00 (EUR)|
- Several sweet and savory tastings in the farmers markets and in historic food purveyors
- A stop for artisan coffee or hot chocolate
- An opportunity to taste rosé wine with charcuterie or cheese
- Amusing overview of the history of the town
- A copy of the exclusive Foodies’ Guide to Aix en Provence, packed with tips for dining, drinking and shopping.
- Wear shoes comfortable for walking on cobblestone streets.