Embera Katuma Community Tour from Gamboa Public Pier
Gamboa Public Pier
Gamboa Public Pier
English / Spanish
You will meet your guide at the Gamboa public pier to board the boat that will take you to the Embera Katuma community, the boat trip takes about 15 minutes.
When you arrive at the community, the locals will welcome you with traditional music and dances. Then, they will give you a little talk about the history of the Emberá Katuma community, you will do a walking tour to get to know the community and if you wish, you can buy handmade crafts.
Before finishing the tour, you will have a delicious traditional lunch, which is fish and patacones (fried green plantains).
The tour ends with your return by boat to the public pier of Gamboa.
The Gamboa public pier is located in the Panama Canal Zone in the province of Colón, just 45 minutes from Panama City. To do this tour you must go on your own to the Gamboa public pier. Normally your hotel can help you organize a round trip transportation.
Children from 0 to 12 years: Do not pay the price of tour.
Children 13+: Pay as an adult depending on the number of people.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (01 - 04) (P/P)||80.00 (USD)|
|General (05 - 05) (P/P)||67.00 (USD)|
|General (06 - 06) (P/P)||58.35 (USD)|
|General (07 - 07) (P/P)||53.00 (USD)|
|General (08 - 08) (P/P)||47.50 (USD)|
|General (09 - 09) (P/P)||44.00 (USD)|
|General (10 - 10) (P/P)||41.00 (USD)|
|Child (Age 0 - 12) (P/P)||0.00 (USD)|
Day 1: 9:00 - 9:15
Transfer by boat from the Gamboa public pier to the Embera Katuma Community.
Day 1: 9:15 - 9:30
Music and dance reception by the Embera Katuma Community.
Day 1: 9:30 - 10:00
Talk about the history of the Embera Katuma community.
Day 1: 10:00 - 11:00
Walking tour of the community with option to purchase crafts.
Day 1: 11:00 - 11:30
Traditional lunch (fish with fried green plantain "patacones").
Day 1: 11:30 - 12:00
Return by boat to the Gamboa public pier.
- Transfer by boat from the public pier of Gamboa to the Embera Katuma community.
- Lunch (fish and fried green plantains “patacones”).
- Talk about the history of the Embera Katuma community.
- Dance and traditional music by the Embera Katuma community.
- Walking tour through the Embera Katuma community.
- Transfer from Panama City to the Gamboa public pier.
- Purchase of Hand Crafts.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Bottled water.
- Cancel before 48 hours and you will receive a full refund, after this point there will be no refund. If you do not show up on the day of the tour, no returns are made.