Isla Franklin 3 Night 4 Day Tour from Port Carti
3 Night / 4 Day
Spanish (Fluent) / English (Basic)
To start this 3 night and 4 day tour in Franklin Island tour, you must go on your own to Port Carti since transportation from Panama City is not included. If you need transportation from Panama City, check out other tours in Tiqy that include transportation.
The car in which you are heading to the port must be 4x4 or 4x2, otherwise, the police presence that is before entering the reserve of San Blas, will not allow you to go through for security reasons. The road is not dangerous, however, there are hills that smaller cars could not climb easily.
Once you arrive at Port Carti, you will have to pay for the parking, since it is not included, but the port fees are included in the price.
You must be at the port at 8:30 am and to board a boat to go to Diablo Island. You will arrive at Diablo Island at 9:30 am and you will be given time to complete the registration and put your things in your cabin.
- The private cabins are wooden structures with wooden or sand floors and consist of a double and a single bed. If you book for 2 or 3 people, you will receive 1 cabin. If you book for 4 or 5 people, you will receive 2 cabins.
- The cabins have a main light, but only until a certain time of the night. The time the light switches off changes depending on the number of people on the island, maybe 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. Therefore, it is recommended that you bring a flashlight or that your phone is fully charged. There are no electrical outlets in the cabins, so you can charge your devices in the restaurant if you need it.
- In the middle of the island, there is a shared bathroom house, which has toilets and private showers. The water does not heat up. There is toilet paper in the bathrooms, but it is recommended to bring your soap, shampoo and toilet paper, just in case.
After completing your registration and settling in your cabin, get ready to enjoy Franklin Island. You can bathe on the beach or if you like, you can relax by the sea.
You will have lunch around 12:30 pm and then continue to enjoy your stay in Franklin Island or if you prefer, you can ask the owners of the cabins on the island to take you to visit other islands. The price of the visit to other islands is not included in the price of the tour and will depend on the island you wish to visit. Prices are as follows:
- Perro Chico Island and Natural Swimming Pool = USD 20.00 per person.
- Estrella Island with snorkeling equipment and Natural Swimming Pool 2 = USD 15.00 per person.
By late afternoon, around 5:30 pm, you will have dinner. If you go to visit other islands, the owners of the cabins will make sure that you return to Franklin Island on time for dinner.
At night it is relaxing and it is suggested that you sleep early so that the next day you can get up early to enjoy more time on the beach, but you are welcome to have a few beers and listen to music if you wish.
Days 2 and 3:
Days 2 and 3 include breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Breakfast is usually between 7:00 and 8:00 am. After breakfast, you will have time to bathe on the beach or relax in a hammock while reading a book or resting.
Lunch is approximately at 12:30 pm. After lunch, it is a good time to tour your island on your Island and you can appreciate the wonderful natural landscape that characterizes the San Blas Islands. You can also ask the owners of the cabins to take you to visit another island. Visits to other islands are available every day. The cost of visits to other islands is not included in the tour price. (Prices are as mentioned above).
Day 4 includes breakfast and lunch on Franklin Island.
If you want to visit another island this day, you must agree with the owners of the cabins, and it would have an additional cost (the prices mentioned above). If you visit another island, be sure to take your luggage with you since after the visit you will be taken by boat to the port so you can board your vehicle.
You will arrive by boat at the port around 4:00 pm on the last day so you can board your vehicle.
Price information for children:
- 10 Years Old and Over – Pays full price for the tour, and pays full price for the entrance to San Blas
- 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Years Old – Pays full price for the tour, but does not pay for the entrance to San Blas
- 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 Years Old – The tour is free, but it does not include drinks and food, this can be paid for additionally. The entrance to the reserve is also free.
* Regular option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
Breakfast: Hojaldra or tortilla with scrambled or fried eggs (may vary).
Lunch and dinner: Fish of the day or chicken with fried plantains, french fries or rice with coconut and salad.
It is possible to eat lobster for an additional price from 12.00 USD.
(Lobsters are in closed season from March 1 to June 30 of each year, so its consumption is prohibited in these months).
* Vegetarian option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
Breakfast: Fruits, hojaldra or tortilla.
Lunch and dinner: Salad with fried plantains or rice with coconut.
Cell phone service:
There is cell phone service on the Island with Digicel and +Móvil. You can buy these chips at the malls in Panama City or at the airport.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|ADULT PRIVATE CABIN (P/P)||255.00 (USD)|
|CHILD PRIVATE CABIN (P/P) (AGE 5 +)||255.00 (USD)|
|CHILD PRIVATE CABIN (P/P) (AGE 0 - 4)||0.00 (USD)|
- Stay 3 nights at Franklin Island.
- Boat transfers.
- Port taxes.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day (each with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the second day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch and dinner with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the third day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch and dinner with soda, beer or water).
- Breakfast and lunch on the fourth day (breakfast with coffee or tea, and lunch with soda, beer or water).
- Local tourism guide with fluent Spanish and basic English.
- It does not include the entrance to the reserve:
Panamanians: 5.00 USD per person.
Foreigners: 20.00 USD per person.
- Beers or alcoholic drinks.
- Purchases of beverages and additional food.
- Visit to other islands.
- Car parking fees (Normally cost less than 5 USD).
- Transfers from/to Panama City.
- Hat/cap (to protect you from the sun).
- Snacks & Fruits.
- Bag with zipper (Ziploc) to keep your phone and passport dry.
- Snorkel equipment.
- Pills for seasickness (the sea is not agitated, but some people need it).
- Beach towel.
- Camera fully charged.
- Toilet paper.
- There are no ATMs in San Blas, so make sure to bring enough cash.
* It is important to bring your passport because before arriving at the port there is a police presence and you will be asked to show your passport (if you are a foreigner) or your identification (if you are a national or resident).
- Cancel before 72 hours of the tour for a full refund. No refunds available after this point.