1 Night 2 Days Tour in the Emberá Katuma Community From Panama City
1 night / 2 days
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
Your Hotel / Residence in Panama City
English / Spanish
This is a 1 night and 2 day tour to the Emberá Katuma Community starting from Panama City. You will be picked up at your hotel or residence between 4:00 and 4:30 in the afternoon to take you to the Gamboa public pier. At the pier, your guide will be waiting for you to board the boat that will take you to the Emberá Katuma Community, the boat trip takes about 15 minutes.
When you arrive at the Emberá Katuma Community, your guide will take you to your cabin so you can accommodate your luggage. Later, you will have dinner around 6:30 pm, it is usually fish with fried green plantains “patacones” or coconut rice and a bottle of water or orange juice.
Then, you will have 30 minutes to change your clothes and get ready to go to the night safari. The night safari has a duration of 1 hour and you can see nocturnal animals such as owls, monkeys, insects and hopefully you can see caimans from a distance, you will be back to the Emberá Katuma Community around 9:00 pm, there you can spend the night at your cabin.
Your day starts with a traditional Emberá breakfast at 7:30 am, which is smoked fish with striped banana and a bottle of water or orange juice. At the end of breakfast, your guide will take you on a tour at The Bird Trail, this walking tour lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes.
You will be back in the Community at 10:00 am and you will be welcomed by the Community with traditional music and dances, after this they will tell you stories about the history and culture of the Emberá Katuma Community. You will have the option to buy handmade crafts by locals who live in this community (the purchase of handicrafts is not included in the tour price).
Before finishing the tour around 11:45 am you will taste a traditional Emberá lunch, usually fried shrimp or fish with coconut rice and a bottle of water or orange juice.
Your guide will take you be back at the Gamboa pier at 1:00 pm, and your transfer will be waiting for you at the pier to take you to your hotel or residence.
The tour ends around 1:35 pm with your return to your hotel or residence in Panama City.
We will send you an email after making your reservation asking for your pick up address.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||220.00 (USD)|
|Child (Age 0 - 12) (P/P)||0.00 (USD)|
Día 1: 16:00 - 16:30
Día 1: 16:30 - 17:00
Arrival at the Gamboa Pier
Día 1: 17:00 - 17:15
Transfer by boat from the Gamboa Pier to the Emberá Katuma Community.
Día 1: 17:15 - 18:30
Settle at your cabin
Día 1: 18:30 - 19:30
Traditional dinner at the Emberá Katuma Community
Día 1: 19:30 – 20:00
Time to get your self ready for the night safari
Día 1: 20:00 - 21:00
Night safari (observation of owls, night monkeys and other animals)
Día 1: 21:00 – 21:15
Return to the Emberá Katuma Community
Día 1: 21:15 >
Spend the night in your cabin at Emberá Katuma
Día 2: 7:30 - 8:30
Traditional breakfast at the Emberá Katuma Community
Día 2: 8:30 - 10:00
The Bird Trail walking tour
Día 2: 10:00 - 10:30
Music and dance welcome by the Emberá Katuma Community
Día 2: 10:30 – 11:00
Local stories about the history of the Emberá Katuma Community
Día 2: 11:00 - 11:45
Tour around the Community with option to purchase handmade crafts
Día 2: 11:45 – 12:45
Traditional lunch at the Emberá Katuma Community
Día 2: 12:45 – 13:00
Transfer back to hotel / residence in Panama City
Día 2: 13:00 – 13:35
Arrival at your hotel / Residence
- Round trip from Panama City the pier
- Transfer by boat from the Gamboa pier to the Embera Katuma Community.
- Stay 1 night and 2 days in a traditional cabin.
- Mosquito nets and mattress in the traditional cabin.
- Night safari (observation of owls, night monkeys and other animals).
- Guided walk along The Bird Trail.
- Traditional breakfast (smoked fish accompanied by striped banana and a bottle of water or orange juice).
- Traditional lunch (fried shrimp or catch of the day accompanied by rice with coconut, legumes and a bottle of water or orange juice).
- Traditional dinner (catch of the day accompanied by fried green plantains “patacones” or rice with coconut and a bottle of water or orange juice).
- Talk about the history of the Embera Katuma Community.
- Traditional dances and music by the Emberá Katuma Community.
- Walking tour through the Embera Katuma Community with option to purchase handicrafts (the purchase of handicrafts is not included in the price of the tour).
- Return by boat from the Embera Katuma Community to the pier of the Gamboa Rainforest Resort.
- Handmade crafts purchases.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Wear hiking shoes or closed shoes that can get wet.
- Bring your camera or your phone fully charged.
- Cancel before 48 hours and you will receive a full refund, after this point there will be no refund. If you do not show up on the day of the tour, no returns are made.