Sound of Music
Your Hotel in Salzburg or At Our offices
In this 4 hour tour your guide will pick you up from your hotel or from our offices located at Rudolfskai 38 near Mozart square to take you to the original venues of filming and listen to the background stories about the shooting and the real Von Trapp Family.
Your guide will take you to the Palace of Leopoldskron, one of two mansions used as the Von Trapp Home and the place where the children famously fell into the lake. Then, your guide will take you to the Helbrun castle and a visit to the Gazebo.
You will drive through picturesque countryside as you make your way to the Salzkammergut/Lake District, and you will have the option to run down a toboggan chute. Then, you will go to the village of St. Gilen where you can stop for coffee.
Your last stop is to the parish church of Mondsee, where you can walk the aisle of the Sound of Music Wedding Church. At the end of the tour, your guide will drop you off at Mirabell Gardens.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|Adults (P/P)||96.00 (EUR)|
|Student (w/ID)||86.00 (EUR)|
|Children (6 to 15 years old)||86.00 (EUR)|
|Children (Under 6)||76.00 (EUR)|
- A short City Tour emphasizing The Sound Of Music.
- A stop at the magnificent Palace of Leopoldskron - one of two mansions used as the Von Trapp Home and the place where the children famously fell into the lake.
- A stop at the premises of Hellbrunn Palace including a visit to the Gazebo.
- A drive through picturesque countryside as we make our way to the Salzkammergut/Lake District.
- An optional run down a toboggan chute.
- An optional coffee or shopping stop at the traditional village of St. Gilgen.
- A visit to the parish church of Mondsee - walk the aisle of the Sound Of Music Wedding Church.
- Please specify which tour you would like, the exact date, time, number of people and the name of the hotel you'll be staying at in Salzburg. In addition, we will need a credit card number with the name and expiration date to confirm your reservation.
- Credit card details are required to reserve seats. We will not charge your credit card unless you cancel your tour later than 48 hours before tour start. Payment is received by cash or by credit card in our office.
From 48 hours before tour start: 50% of tour price.
From 24 hours before tour start or no-show: 100% of tour price.
Bob’s Special Tours reserves the right to cancel tours or impart your booking to co-operation partners under certain circumstances. These rare cases include vehicle breakdowns, dangerous road conditions (e.g. icy roads), closed attractions and insufficient bookings. Should such a situation occur, we will get in touch with you immediately. Please check your mails.
Frequently Asked Questions
What languages do you offer tours in?
All our tours are in English. Always.
What does the tour price include?
The tour price includes your seat in the van and your tour guide; entrance fees and personal expenses are not included. To be sure, check the details page of the tour in question.
How far in advance should I book my tour?
Please book your tour as far in advance as possible, especially if you want to tour between April and September or in December! Bob's Special Tours is a small family business and only has a limited number of seats available.