Old Town Free Walking Tour
In front of Hard Rock Cafe
English and Spanish
Walking through Barcelona you will discover the Roman Forum in the current Plaza de Ant Jaume, which even today, after 20 centuries, remains the political power of Catalan in this 2.5 hour walking tour.
You will also enjoy the architecture and monumental buildings of the Gothic Quarter, be impressed by the monumental Plaza del Rei with its Palace of the Viceroy and the beautiful Palacio Real Mayor. On these stairs the Catholic Monarchs greeted the navigator Christopher Columbus when he came back from his first voyage to America.
The Barcelona Cathedral and Santa Maria del Mar are also on this tour. Then you will walk along the famous Las Ramblas to discover why Barcelona is so beloved by visitors. It is a walkway with street performers, cafés and more.
Your last stop will be La Boqueria, where you can feel the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people through the colourful and exuberant posts.
Places visited in this tour:
- Barrio Gotico is the oldest part of the city, where the history of Barcelona is preserved.
- Foro romano was the central square dedicated to public life and business during Roman Empire and it seems to coincide with the current Plaza de San Jaime.
- Muras romanas were fortification of the city and today we can find only a few ruins that testify its presence.
- Plaza del rey is a monumental plaza, surrounded by Gothic and Renaissance buildings.
- Palacio real mayor was the seat of government and residence of the counts of Barcelona and the Kings of Aragon.
- La Catedral is a monument that is mostly important for the religion and the art.
- Santa Maria del Mar jewel of medieval architecture and the cathedral of the town for many locals.
- El Born is a small village within the city, characterized by small streets full of history.
- La Vinya del Senyor is a fantastic place to enjoy a glass of good wine and tapas.
- La Rambla is the most famous street in the city, with its typical flower stalls, entertainers, restaurants and cafes.
- La Boqueria is a municipal market with over 300 stalls which offer a variety of local and exotic products.
Note: your guide will be holding a yellow umbrella at the meeting point.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|Free Ticket||0.00 (EUR)|
Tour Departure option 1
End of Tour option 1
Tour Departure option 2
End of Tour option 2
- Professional guide.
- Small groups.
- We Recommend arriving at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time to ensure you get a space on the tour of your choice.
- You can enjoy our Free walking Tour without reservation, but we recommend booking the tour in advance to ensure your place.
- Maximum 15 persons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to book in advance?
Feel Free to tour with us without reservation. Anyway, some weeks during high season we recommend contacting us in advance just to be sure that your place will be reserved.
Is there a maximum number of people allowed on our tours?
Everyone can join our tours! Anyway, if you are coming with a group for more than 8 people you need to contact us in advance to organize your tour in a better way.