Ocean to Ocean Tour through the Panama Canal
Selected Dates All Year.
Pier of the Playita of Amador.
Pier of the Playita of Amador.
English / Spanish
This is a complete ocean-to-ocean tour of the Panama Canal. Includes bus pick-up to a select list of hotels (see the list below), or you can go directly to the pier (Playita de Amador) to complete check-in and board the ship.
Check-in is usually done between 6:30am and 7:30am, and hotel pick-up is usually done one hour before the one mentioned above. Pick-up and check-in times are confirmed the day before the day of the tour. This is because the Panama Canal Authority does not publish the exact time until the day before the tour. You will receive an email from Tiqy before 6:00pm the day before the tour confirming the check-in and pick-up times.
You have up to 48 hours before the day of the tour to provide us with the name of the hotel where you wish to be picked up and returned (must be on the list of selected hotels). If we receive this information after this time, we will not be able to organize your transport and you will have to go by your own to the pier of the Playita de Amador, where you must register for the tour.
After you have registered, you will board the ship to begin the journey through the Panama Canal. Along the way you will see the incredible views of Panama City, the Bridge of the Americas and the Centennial Bridge. There will be a guide on board throughout the tour, which will explain the entire history of the Canal and the interesting facts about its construction and will be available for any questions you may have about the tour.
Once the boat has sailed, a light breakfast will be served, usually is sandwiches, fruit, coffee, water and muffins.
The ship will navigate the Panama Canal and its locks, you will see how the locks open and close and how the water rises and falls. Normally the transit is done next to a much larger ship. The size of these boats is impressive. You will have many opportunities to take photos while crossing the locks.
Lunch will also be served on the boat. Lunch is usually chicken, salad, vegetables, a piece of cake and rice or pasta. Unlimited waters and sodas are available on the boat. There are alcoholic beverages available for purchase.
The total boat trip is usually about 8 hours.
After the tour, there will be a bus waiting to return to the pier near Panama City, where you started the tour and there will also be a bus waiting to take people to their respective hotels, where they were picked up in the morning.
List of pick-up / drop-off hotels:
- AC Hotel by Marriott
- Aloft Panama
- American Trade Hotel & Hall
- Aparthotel Sevilla Suites
- AZ Hotel & Suites
- Baru Lodge Bed & Breakfast
- Best Western Plus Panama Zen Hotel
- Central Hotel Panama
- Clarion Victoria Hotel & Suites
- Continental Hotel & Casino Panama
- Countyard By Marriott Multiplaza Mall
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
- Eurostars Panama City Hotel
- Global Hotel Panama
- Grand International Hotel
- Hampton Panama By Hilton Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Panama
- Hilton Panama
- Holiday Inn Express Panama
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal
- Hotel 2 Mares
- Hotel Acapulco
- Hotel Arenteiro
- Hotel Avila
- Hotel Benidorm Panama
- Hotel California
- Hotel Caribe
- Hotel Casa Miller
- Hotel Centroamericano
- Hotel Cibeles
- Hotel City House Soloy & Casino
- Hotel Costa Inn
- Hotel Covadonga
- Hotel Crowne Plaza Aeropuerto
- Hotel Crowne Plaza Panama
- Hotel Deville
- Hotel Discovery
- Hotel El Panamá
- Hotel La Cresta Inn
- Hotel Lisboa
- Hotel Marbella
- Hotel Marriott Panama
- Hotel Milan
- Hotel Montreal
- Hotel Ojos Del Rio
- Hotel Parador
- Hotel Plaza Paitilla Inn
- Hotel Riande Granada Urban
- Hotel Riu Plaza Panama
- Hotel Roma Plaza
- Hotel San Remo
- Hotel Terranova
- Hotel Toscana Inn
- Hotel Tower House Suites
- Hotel Veracruz
- Hotel Via España
- Hyatt Place Panama
- Innfiniti Hotel & Suites
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama
- JW Marriott Panama (Antiguo Hotel Trump)
- La Concordia Boutique Hotel
- Las Americas Golden Tower Panama
- Le Meridien Panama
- Lunas Castle
- Marriott Finisterre Executive Apartments
- Metro Hotel Panama
- Novotel Panama City
- Occidental Hotel Panama City
- Principe Hotel & Suites
- Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama
- Radisson Hotel Panama Canal
- Ramada Panama Centro Via Argentina
- Ramada Plaza Panama Punta Pacifica
- Selina Casco Viejo
- Sercohotel Panama Princess Hotel
- Sheraton Grand Panama
- Sortis Hotel, Spa & Casino
- Tantalo Hotel
- The Bristol Hotel Panama
- The Executive Hotel
- The Saba Hotel
- The Westin Panama
- Torres De Alba Hotel & Suites
- Tryp By Wyndham Panama Centro
- W Panamá
- Waldorf Astoria Panama
- Wyndham Garden Obarrio
- Wyndham Garden Panama City
Please reply to your reservation confirmation email if you would like to be picked up at one of these hotels.
Prices are higher when a date is booked during the high season (from November 1 to April 30).
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|Adult Foreigner (p/p)||195.00 (USD)|
|Adult Resident (p/p)||125.00 (USD)|
|Child Foreigner (Age 3-12) (p/p)||105.00 (USD)|
|Child Resident (Age 3-12) (p/p)||80.00 (USD)|
|Child (Age 0-2) (p/p)||0.00 (USD)|
Day 1: 5:30-6:30
Hotel pick-up (pick-up time will be confirmed the day before the tour by email).
Day 1: 6:30 – 7:30
Check-in in the pier of the pier la Playita of Amador.
Day 1: 7:30- 15:30
Transit through the Canal and three locks.
Day 1: 15:30-17:30
Return to the hotel or the pier of the Playita of Amador (schedules are subject to changes in the day).
- Pick up and drop off at one of the hotels on the list (see list on this page).
- Unlimited free water and soft drinks.
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Navigate through three locks.
- Learn the history of the Panama Canal.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Use sunscreen / sunscreen.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Bring a hat.
- Bring cash to buy beers, wine, additional snacks.
- Bring your camera or your phone fully charged.
Cancel before 72 hours and you will receive a full refund, after this point there are no refunds.