Montserrat Tapas and Wine
Monday to Sunday
You will meet the local guide in the meeting point at Plaza de Cataluña next to the hard rock hotel at 8:30 AM, there will be someone holding a bright pink umbrella. Then, you will depart to the Montserrat Monastery, located an hour away from central Barcelona, in a private bus.
Montserrat is a unique mountain in the world, it is the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature, and spirituality. Once you are here your guide will provide plenty of information, you will see the atrium, where many events of the country’s history are depicted; the Basilica, inside of which sits the Black Madonna, and its outstanding facade, and you will also see the 15th century cloister and Santa Maria square.
In the second part of this tour you will head to the grounds of Oller del Mas, located at the feet of Montserrat. This is one of the most important wineries in Catalonia, its organic cellar is in a 10th century castle, which you will be exclusively allowed to explore with your guide. During the wine tour you will visit the vineyards, the barrels room, and the wine production area.
The wine tasting will take place at the end of the visit. You will be able to sample three ecological wines paired with a tasty cold tapas lunch with dessert. The way back to Barcelona takes around 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on traffic conditions, you will be drop off at Plaza Catalunya.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||64.00 (EUR)|
Meet at Plaza Catalunya
An amazing guided tour of Montserrat
Departure to Oller del Mas
Arrival at Oller del Mas Winery
Wine Tasting and tapas at the castle
Departure to Barcelona (Time may vary)
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Three ecological wine tasting
- Tapas lunch with dessert
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking
- Comfortable clothes and shoes there is some walking involved
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona
- Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but not that no car seat or meals are provided
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.
Our tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late shows or no shows are not refunded.