Kensington Market Sweet and Savory Tour
Saturday (Summer only) and Sunday
In this 2.5 hours walking tour you will take a trip around the world in one lunch as you sample a variety of cuisine from various cultures in the multi-cultural enclave of Kensington Market that will be your meeting and ending point, including a stop in Chinatown.
As you stroll down the streets of Kensington, you will notice that unlike most other neighborhoods in Toronto, there is a surprising lack of large corporations in the neighborhood.
That's because Kensington Market residents fight to keep the big box stores out, allowing small, locally owned businesses to continue flourishing in this area. Therefore, the neighborhood has such special character and soul. From small eateries, boutiques, produce shops and other local stores lining pedestrian friendly narrow streets, with many buildings decorated with eminently photogenic graffiti.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||59.00 (CAD)|
|Kids 7-12 years old||45.00 (CAD)|
|Kids under 7||0.00 (CAD)|
Starts Tour 1
Ends Tour 1
Starts Tour 2 (Summer)
Ends Tour 2 (Summer)
- Introduction to a variety of multi cultural food stores
- Samples from each location (enough for lunch)
- Canadian dish with a twist custom made for the tour (Tasty exclusive!)
- Guided tour on the history of the neighborhood, stores and food
- Discounts at select merchants
- Bring home a Toffle™, a new Toronto dessert only available on a Tasty Tour
- Happy times for all!.
- The tour can be made vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. Nut free samples are available at all locations but may contain trace amounts of nuts.
You should book your tour at least 24 hours before the tour. Tour cancellations are not refundable but postponements are allowed in certain situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the tour begin and end?
It begins and ends in the heart of Kensington Market on Augusta Ave. The start and end stops are right next to each other. You will receive the address of the starting point once you've signed up for the tour.
Are there any washrooms?
There are washrooms at multiple locations throughout the tour, including the start and end point. Your guide can direct you to the best option.