Gourmet Experience on Bruny Island
Bruny Island Traveller is a 9 hour all inclusive day tour of Bruny Island. You will be picked up at your CBD Hotel to go on a seven course gourmet tour in the home of Bruny Island cheese, wine and whisky. The tour includes a stop to see the only wild population of white wallabies in the world and the spectacular landscapes at the narrow isthmus between North and South Bruny islands then you will be dropped off at your CBD Hotel.
- Taste the award winning Tasmanian Whiskey.
- Observe the only wild white wallabies in the world.
- Fully inclusive gourmet experience.
Daily, except Christmas Day
Your Hobart CBD Hotel
Your Hobart CBD Hotel
Related places and things to do
This all-inclusive day tour of Bruny Islands, located south of Australia, starts at 7:45 AM from your Hobart CBD hotel or we can meet at our Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre situated on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge on Hobart's waterfront.
After we arrive Kettering and take the ferry our journey of fine eating begins. The first top is Bruny Island cheese, there we meet the makers and sit down to relax and enjoy the produce. Then we go to get Shucked Oysters and learn about growing them in Bruny Island. We will then have our morning tea at the Bruny Island Ferry Farm.
On one of our shorts walks before having lunch we will get to watch the only wild population of white wallabies in the world. Then we go to Bruny Island Premium Wines to hear the stories of the harvest while enjoying the local produce.
Who doesn´t loves a sweet treat? Because of that we also included a visit to the Bruny Island Chocolate Company and a sampling of a variety of locally harvested honey.
We will make two stops before going back to the ferry that takes us to Hobart. The first one is at The Neck where you can enjoy the sand and get a beautiful beach walk or sit at the steps and enjoy the fantastic view of the ocean. Our last stop is the Bruny Island House of Whiskey, a place where you can taste the award-winning Tasmanian Malt and see the most extensive known collection of Tasmanian Whiskies.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|Adults (P/P)||175.00 (AUD)|
|Children (3-17 years old)||150.00 (AUD)|
Bruny Island Cheese
Get Shucked Oysters
Bruny Island Berry Farm
White Wallabies on our private reserve
Lunch at Bruny Island Premium Wines
Bruny Island Chocolate Company
Bruny Island Honey
Bruny Island House of Whisky
- Bruny Island Cheese Co - exclusive cheese experience designed by Nick Haddow owner of Bruny Island Cheese and Beer Co. You'll meet the makers and learn how they crafted their artisan produce. Relax and enjoy generous platters of Bruny Island Cheeses and hand crafted ale.
- Get Shucked Oysters - savour the clean salty flavour of oysters straight from the shell.
- Bruny Island Berry Farm - delicious handmade morning tea packed with juicy fresh berries (in season).
- Bruny Island Premium Wines - enjoy a wine tasting Australia's southern-most vineyard before savouring a cellar door lunch of locally sourced produce coupled with a glass of your favourite wine
- Bruny Island Chocolate Company - indulge in sweet treats at the Bruny Island Chocolate Company, home to handmade fudge.
- Bruny Island Honey - satisfy your sweet tooth sampling a variety of locally harvested honey.
- Bruny Island House of Whisky - taste a Tasmanian Single Malt Whisky and see the most extensive known collection of Tasmanian whiskies.
- Anything you would like to take home afterwards.
- Comfortable and warm clothing
- Bring a jacket
You are on holiday and we want your travel plans to be flexible. However our tours are often fully booked and we take waiting lists for guests interested in coming along. Therefore if you are running late or you decide not to join a tour, all we ask is that you please contact us by calling (03) 6234 4270 to cancel your booking. This gives us an opportunity to re-sell your seats to other guests.
We reserve the right to charge the following fees for cancellations:
Cancellation within 24 hours of a tour - 100% fee
Cancellation within 48 hours of a tour - 50% fee
Cancellations beyond 48 hours of tour - No fee
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cater for special dietary needs?
Yes, we can cater for vegetarian, vegan, allergies, halal and most other dietary requirements. Please advise our staff when you make your booking and we will make arrangements in advance of your tour.