Fish for Trout on the River Swale
Departing from your hotel in Durham you can spend an incredible day of fishing learning the best fly fishing techniques along with your guide, Stuart. Catch tímales and trout, learn interesting facts about fishing, learn how to prepare the rig and spend a fun and quiet afternoon in the Swale River. The tour will end at the same starting point.
- Learn techniques to catch trout.
- Sail the calm waters of the Swale River.
- Enjoy a fun and relaxing morning.
May to September
Your hoten in Durham
Your hoten in Durham
Related places and things to do
The starting point will be from your hotel in Durham at 9:30 AM you will meet your expert fly fishing guide, Stuart. Before leaving, you will receive a brief indication of what the activity consists of and then you will be transported near the Richmond, where the activity will take place in the Swale River.
In the place, your guide will explain you about the kit, rig preparation, flies and all other important aspects of this adventure along with fishing techniques and tricks. You will find wild trout and times, you will spend a relaxing fishing morning and learn some interesting facts about the insects that trout prefer.
Finally, you will return to your hotel in Durham where the activity will be over with lots of laughs and learnings of a newly acquired skill.
- The starting point will be in County, Durham but it will take place in North Yorkshire.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||145.00 (GBP)|
- Transport during the adventure.
- Technical kit.
- Option for pickup from bus/train/airport.
- Fishing permit for the day.
- Meals/ drinks.
- Travel mileage depending on the venue.
- Wader and tackle hire can be provided at an extra £ 20.00 GBP per day (much recommended in case you need to get in the river).
- Come with a waterproof jacket, warm clothing, some spare dry clothes just in case you take a dip.
- Bring a packed lunch (ask your accommodation if they can supply this).
- Please note you must be 18 years old or over to book this adventure (unless accompanied by a parent or guardian).
Frequently Asked Questions
How we get there from London?
The journey takes around 3 hours 30 mins. Take the train from London Kings Cross to Darlington then get the Max x27 bus to Richmond (25 stops).
The drive from London to Richmond, North Yorkshire takes around 4 hours 30 mins via the M11 and A1(M). Then follow the A1 to the A6136 to Richmond.