Laguna Grande Bioluminescent Kayaking Tour
Visit the Fajardo’s Bioluminescent Bay is one of few scattered around Puerto Rico and one of the last that remain on the planet, Experience this rare phenomenon of nature as you do kayak through the tranquil “Laguna Grande” surrounded by mangroves and teeming with sea life.
- Go through the amazing Laguna Grande.
- Do Kayak through the amazing mangroves.
- Enjoy the phenomenon that occurs only in 4 more lagoons in the world.
Related places and things to do
This trip begins at sunset, in one of the most spectacular places for a night trip in Caribbean waters, where we will witness hundreds of tiny star-shaped bioluminescent plankton that sparkle like a starry sky as we move through the dark water. Stopping our kayak to contemplate in front of us and letting ourselves be captivated by the tiny and bright characteristics of plankton or dinoflagellates, which are tiny unicellular marine plankton also known as fire plants.
It is an impressive experience, a wide expanse of soft and wavy water surrounded by mangroves and in the distance, the mountains of the tower of the tropical jungle "El Yunque" that with a deep tranquility envelops all who enter.
Schedule: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM / 7:30 - 9:30 PM
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|General (P/P)||48.00 (USD)|
- Bottled Water and Juice Drinks.
- Quality Kayaking Gear provided.
- Small size gear for Children.
- Kayaking Orientation and Instructions.
- Dry change of clothes and a camera.
- Kayak 1 person – 450 lbs.
- Kayak 2 persons – 575 lbs.
- Users must be physically capable of paddling a kayak
- Our kayak tours are not recommended for people with lower back injuries or heart conditions.
- 2 person kayak / guests must be able to paddle in a coordinated manner.
- Children under 5 years of age not allowed.
- Our Kayak tours are not recommended for pregnant women.
- Taxes & DRNA Fees not included.