Eagle’s Nest Hiking Tour
Südtiroler Pl. 19
Südtiroler Pl. 19
This 6 hour hiking tour is a trip of a lifetime where you venture into the mountains of Berchtesgaden in the border of Austria and Germany in the middle of the Bavarian Alps. Meet your guide at the Train Station at the meeting point in front of Mc Donald’s at 9:00 AM.
Together with your guide, ride from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and then to the base of the mountain at Obersalzberg, the ride takes around an hour. You will start your hike through the forest exploring secret locations of WWII away from the masses, for example visit the remains of Hitler’s house and several other secret locations. Soon after you start going up the mountain, it will take you around 1 and a half to 2 hours to reach the Eagle’s Nest.
Once at the top you can enjoy a panoramic view of the Alps, fruit of your hike and enjoy a well-earned meal, there is a restaurant and there is the chance to have a picnic in the Alps, you decide. The whole place was built for one purpose, and that was to impress.
You will descend taking the famous brass elevator constructed into the mountain to start a short hike back to Obersalzberg. At 2:00 PM you are back in Obersalzberg and ride back to Salzburg.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|Adults (P/P)||55.00 (EUR)|
- Transport to Obersalzberg and back to Salzburg by public bus to our meeting point at the central train station.
- Awesome guide to show you all the secrets of the area and amazing hikes.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Comfortable clothing.
- Food and water for snacks and picnic in the Alps. (There is a restaurant on top of the mountain as well and possibilities to get water on the way.).
- Extra cash for anything you want to purchase there (Money for food.).
- Camera to take pictures of the stunning scenery.
- Bathing suit (tip, you can continue exploring the region by visiting the magnificent Königsee lake or relaxing at the pools and sauna of the Watzmanntherme, you will receive a 20% off).