Have fun on this full day walking and bus tour, where you will enter the tropical rainforest of Cairns, you will also learn about its culture and discover more about the wildlife of the place. You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel.
- Enjoy Walking through the Rainforest.
- Travel across the Daintree River and its wild surroundings.
- Tour the historic city of Puerto Douglas.
Your hotel in Cairns
Your hotel in Cairns
Related places and things to do
During this full day walking and bus tour, you will be picked up at 7:00 AM by bus directly at your hotel to start your adventure.
Your first stop will be at Mossman Gorge, where you will be invited to a guided walk through the rainforest along private easy-to-sort tracks, visiting special places and sites of cultural significance, beyond traditional bark shelters and streams fresh from the jungle. Your indigenous guides will demonstrate the traditional use of plants, identifying the sources of Bush Tucker, they also share their dream legends, explaining the history of the cave paintings and offering a unique narrative of the rainforest and its special relationships within this tropical environment . After your 1.5 hour walk, enjoy a tea, you will have the opportunity to your guide.
Then, as you head towards your next stop, your driver / guide will point out the highlights of the Australian sugar town.
You will continue with lunch at the Daintree Tea House this is the place to have lunch where you can enjoy a special barramundi lunch (there are also other options available). It also includes a demonstration and tasting of tropical fruits.
Then you will head towards the Daintree River where you will enjoy an hour of cruising through this wildlife environment, which is home to birds, tree snakes, unique plants and the estuarine crocodile, being a great opportunity to take pictures. At the end enjoy an afternoon tea after the cruise.
Then you will head to Puerto Douglas, where you can enjoy a brief tour of the historic city of Puerto Douglas. From there you will return to Cairns, around 5:30 PM.
Hotel Pick up
Dreamtime Gorge Walk
Lunch at Daintree Tea House
Daintree River Cruise
Enjoy a short tour of Port Douglas
Back to Cairns
- Hotel pick up from 7:00 AM in Cairns.
- Hotel pick up from 8:00 AM in Port Douglas.
- Professional driver/guide.
- Kuku Yalanji Dreamtime Walk at Mossman Gorge including: 1.5hr guided walk (600m) on easy graded tracks and Tea & damper.
- Lunch at Daintree Tea House.
- Daintree River Cruise with afternoon tea.
- Short tour of Port Douglas.
- Return to Port Douglas approximately 4:00 PM.
- Return to Cairns approximately 5:30 PM.