Embera Village Day Trip
Monday to Sunday
English and Spanish
The starting point will be at 9:00 AM in Puerto Corotú where one of the members of the region will be waiting for you to set sail in a canoe across the Chagres River. During the tour, you can admire the beautiful wooded landscape of the National Park and some animals such as birds, sloths and iguanas.
Then, you will travel by canoe to a beautiful waterfall where you can swim and enjoy the crystal-clear water and then you will be transferred to the region. When you arrive in the region, you will be greeted with a live music presentation, played with traditional instruments, and if you are a woman, you will be given a wreath of flowers as a welcome.
Then, the head of the region will go on to explain a bit about the history, traditions and culture of the Emberá, and then, you will see a live dance performance. Lunchtime arrived, you will enjoy a delicious fish dish with patacones and before finalizing, you will have time to get a tattoo with Jagua. A natural ink made to adorn the body.
Finally, you will climb back to the canoe that will take you back to Puerto Corotú where you will have finished this activity.
- The water of the village comes through a stream. The water is filtered, but it is not chlorinated. If you come on your own, you may want to bring bottles of water for your own consumption.
- You will find hygienic bathrooms and basic showers. But the people of the region prefer to bathe in the river. If you wish, you can do it too.
- To buy handicrafts it is better to bring small bills of $ 1.00 USD or $ 5.00 USD. Emberá is a humble town and it is difficult to obtain change.
- The people of the region speak Spanish and their indigenous-Emberá dialect. Some of them are learning English through volunteers.
- The people of the region expect you to take many photos of them! Don´t be shy.
Tour Tickets (may vary by date)
|From 4 or more persons (P/P)||50.00 (USD)|
- Roundtrip water transport by canoe.
- 3 traditional music
- 3 live dances
- Visit the waterfall.
- Introduction to the Emberá culture.
- Water bottle.
- Insect repellent.
- Shoes to wet.
- Garbage bag.